My friend Pat has pointed out that mentioning sausage casserole and then not writing about it is a bit off so here it is...
1) Heat oil in an oven proof casserole and brown enough good pork sausages for the diners (in our case that's 8).
2) Heat the oven to 180C
3) Meanwhile chop up a red onion and a couple of sticks of celery plus whatever stew veg you like if you want to bulk it out a bit.
4) Remove the sausages to a warm plate and sweat the veg in the oil & fat for about 5 minutes.
5) Add a tablespoon of plain flour,stir and cook for 1 minute.
6) Pour in a pint of cider or if you live in canada where I'm guessing it's a bit hard to come by, use apple juice (we had apple juice on Friday and it was great). Stir to make sure you get all the brown bits off the bottom of the casserole.
7) Tip the sausages back in and bring to the boil.
8) Put a lid on the casserole (or tin foil if the casserole doesn't have a lid) and put in the oven. Leave there for about 30 minutes.
9) If you like fruit with your meat (Bonzo doesn't), you can core, peel and slice a couple of ripe apples,fry gently in a little butter until brown around the edges and pop them on top of the casserole when you dish it out.
While it's cooking, make Marvellous Mash potato (see previous recipe).