Thursday, March 17, 2011

All lemons are not created equal...

One of the odd things that my fussy husband doesn't like is lemons.Usually that's not a problem but I'm still working my way through the gorgeous Gino's book and I do like lemons.  A couple of weeks ago, I made Chicken with Lemon Butter and he actually liked it.  I halved the amount of lemon and used ones grown locally which are very fragrant and not so tart.  My hands smell of lemon now as I've just made another recipe with lemon in it and it smells like lemon blossom, very heady(really pushing the boundaries here as it has tomatoes here; if I threw in mushrooms as well I'd be in the divorce courts tomorrow).

1)  Slice 4 skinless chicken breasts in half horizontally.

2)  Put 50g plain flour, salt and peeper onto a plate and coat the chicken pieces.

3)  Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil and 30g butter (the oil will stop the butter burning) in a large frying pan and fry each chicken fillet on both sides until golden brown and cooked through. Try doing this in batches as they will brown quicker.  keep them warm as you once you have removed them from the frying pan.

4)  Deglaze the pan once you've finished with 2 tablespoons of lemon juice and 4 tablespoons of chicken stock.  Bring to the boil.

5)  Add a bunch of chopped parsley and 30g of butter to the sauce and stir vigorously until creamy.

6)  Serve up the chicken with the sauce ladled over it. If you're feeling healthy you could serve with salad but we had chips and veg.

Yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment