When you're six,the world's your oyster, but there's a good chance that my daughter Rose (aka the Wrigglebottom) will grow up to be a great cook. Every now and again she decides to create a recipe and then insists that we cook it. Normally they need a bit of tweaking to work but generally the basics are right. On Friday she created a recipe for frute cupcakes and today we had a go.
1) Heat the oven to 180C.
2) Melt 125g butter in a pan.
3) Take the saucepan off the stove and add 200g caster sugar, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract and 3 ripe bananas (mashed). Stir with a wooden spoon.
4) Add 2 large eggs and 4 tablespoons of milk. Stir again (there's a lot of stirring).
5) Add 300g plain flour, 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda and 0.5 teaspoons of baking powder and stir agin until the only lumps left are banana not flour.
6) Line a muffin tin with 12 paper cases and spoon the mixture equally into the cases.
7) Bake for 20 minutes until golden brown.
8) Take out of the oven and leave to cool.
9) While the cakes are cooling slice about 6large strawberries vertically.
10) Top each cupcake with a swirl of readymade green icing.
11) Place 2 slice of strawberry and 3 blue berries on the top of each of 11 cupcakes. On the 12th put a whole strawberry on top surrounded by 4 blueberries (the Wrigglebottom can be very specific).
Serve to amazed family and friends